Thursday, August 28, 2008

the next mess--with a side of tears and misery

Did you ever clearly see someone younger about to make a mistake? Did you try to warn him? Did you give him good advice while there was still a chance to change his mind and did he ignore you and plunge ahead to certain disaster anyway?

It happens over and over again.

Then disaster strikes and he cries because his life is in a mess.

And you, kindhearted and compassionate person that you are, want to help him out of the dilemma so the tears will dry and the sun will once again shine on his young face and all will be right with the world.

Momentarily. Until the next crisis--and the next poor decision.

And the next mess is served up--with a side of tears and misery.

You want to help again, but this time the Lord says, "No."

And you hurt for the young one and you cry for the consequences he must now face.

"Lord, I don't want him to hurt."

"Sometimes it's harder to do nothing," He says.

It is harder to do nothing--to let the reaping commence. It's frustrating. He didn't listen when given sound advice. He stubbornly chose the wrong fork in the road because he KNEW better than someone older--someone wiser--than himself.

And the Lord says to you, "...why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? Matt 7:3

Is this how the Lord feels when I ignore His voice over and over again? He alone knows what's best for me in every situation, but do I always ask His best for me? When he sees the impending heartache payday for my decision, does the Lord hurt for me in the same way I hurt for my young friend? Does He allow me to reap my harvest of pain so I will learn to listen more closely to Him the next time?

Oh, me.

Forgive me, Father. Help me to hear your voice--and do it.

Suz

1 comment:

Angie said...

And you struck a chord once again...so very close to my heart. Wise Words of Wisdom, Sue. Thank you!