Monday, August 18, 2008

osmosis

I love Florida sunsets. Each one is unique and striking to see. I think the way I like to best see one is when it first starts and it's still pretty light outside. I like to put on my sunglasses and look at it closely. The glasses may dull the tropical colors but what is left is what I enjoy--the detail of it all. The glasses let me see the sunbeams of light slipping through the cracks and openings in the clouds. The rays are well-defined and if I were high enough up there, I imagine I would be able to slide right down to earth on one. Like a huge beam-of-light slide.

I like to imagine that those beautiful beams are God's love pouring down from heaven to earth to me and that I can bathe in those dramatic rays and soak His love through my skin and muscle and bone. I imagine that it goes straight through to my heart; straight through to the real me in His full power and majesty. The Lord has all this love and I want it. I need it.

It's like osmosis.

Spiritual osmosis.

In nature, osmosis is when a high water potential moves through a semipermeable membrane to a low water potential. "Water is sometimes called "the perfect solvent," and living tissue (for example, a human being's cell walls) is the best example of a semipermeable membrane. Osmosis has a number of life-preserving functions: it assists plants in receiving water, it helps in the preservation of fruit and meat, and is even used in kidney dialysis." (Answers.com)

Spiritually, the Lord has a high Living Water potential. I, human being Suzanne, have a low Living Water potential. The Lord moves his living water through my skin, bone and muscle to my heart--to my spirit. This osmosis action balances out my Living Water levels.

I become more like Him and it happens without any input of my energy. The Lord gives, I receive. I am gifted His Living Water--His love--His eternal life.

Natural osmosis releases energy and can be made to do physical work like moving a rock with a tree root. When I receive Living Water from the Lord, a spiritual work takes place, I receive eternal life and I work to let others know of this precious gift.

John 4:10..."If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."...14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." 15 The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty..."

Are you thirsty? Depleted? Would you like to stand under the fountain of Living Water the Lord provides for us all? Do you need an infusion of God's Holy Spirit? Dear one, look to heaven. Our Father makes spiritual osmosis abundant and freely available to anyone who asks. The Lord offers. Receive. You will never regret it.

Father, I love your artwork in our spectacular sunsets. Your creativity takes my breath away. Thank you, Lord for using natural things to teach us spiritual truths. What a great God you are! I love you.

Suz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah i was little bored, it was me noah and the computer, you need a facebook, look into it