Monday, August 4, 2008

beach trip

What a great time we had this weekend! Sixteen of us went to Daytona Beach for short time of r&r and we had a blast. We played in the pool. Some walked the beach. Most slipped repeatedly down the water slide (exciting photos to come). We relaxed and even rested some. It was a fun time with my family.

We all went out together to a seafood restaurant called Inlet Harbor for supper on Saturday night. After our meal we stepped outside on the patio and heard live music, so of course we headed right that way. The kids hopped on the dance floor to have a little fun and with a little pleading Byron agreed and he and I made our way out there, too. We've been boogying down a little lately and we are really bad at it. I'm not just being modest. We're really awful but I'll bet you no one has any more fun than we do. Byron said if we're going to keep doing this we're going to have to practice at home. My gut feeling is that we'll probably just be awful at it and continue to have fun. Hannah, Alexandra, Cody and Sid all had fun to the music. Summer said she liked going to the party and would like to go there again. That child is a girl after my own heart.

There was one night I just couldn't sleep though. Don't know why. It just happens sometimes. I'd already stayed up till midnight watching Iron Chef America. (It was an amazing Barrundi fish battle with the challenger, Chef Pagano, but Bobbie Flay won hands down.) So, here it was 2:30 am and I'm wide awake. I couldn't turn the tv on. It would disturb Byron and Kayla. I couldn't turn the light on to read. Same reason. I couldn't go outside and sit on the bench outside our room. The burglars would get me.

So I did what anyone else would do in that situation. I got a bottle of water, a bag of chips, my notebook and pen and went to the bathroom so I could have light and wrote down ideas for my blogs. I got 6 pages of ideas out of the bargain. Not a bad deal. When my eyes started getting heavy I took it as my cue to put everything away and make my way to the bed and it still took me nearly 30 more minutes to doze off.

We left the next morning after sleeping in a little bit and headed for Cracker Barrel and then home. I was very tired after our short beach trip. I'm not sure if it was the dancing or the waterslide that finally did me in. No matter. It was all fun and I'd love to do it again next year.

I love my family and I love the Lord for letting me have them in my life.

Suz

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like ya'll had loads of fun!

Suz said...

We did, Christy. Our weekend was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast!! I love the beach...