Monday, March 10, 2008

thanksgiving

Heavenly Father,
It's easy to praise you. You make it easy. There are so many blessings you have given me that I could never begin to list them all, but I want to thank you for the ones that are on my mind tonight.

Lord, thank you for my family, my dear husband, for letting Kayla come to live with us, and for our daughters. Thank you for the compliments given to me about Amy and Holly yesterday at the reception. I know how good I think they are, but it was especially nice for someone to tell me how kind and lovely they are (inside and out), and that I should be proud to call them my own--and I am, Lord, I am. Thank you for their husbands and the care and love each one shows his wife. I am blessed with good sons-in-law.

Thank you for how Summer's face lit up and she smiled and laughed when she saw the punch fountain at Amy's house Saturday night. She's such a joy. Thank you for Hannah's and Alexandra's thoughtful help on Sunday afternoon. They seemed grown up one minute and full of giggles and secrets another. How I loved seeing them play and dance around after the party. Thank you, Lord, for Sid's boundless energy and smiling face. He continually amazes me.

Thank you for the gathering with friends tonight at the restaurant. Lord, sometimes I can't tell where where our family ends and friends begin. We have been so blessed by dear friends at church and in our neighborhood, and in faraway places, that I am overcome with gratitude to have them in our lives. I never felt this way before about any group of people. I trust them. I easily call them my family. Thank you for our church and thank you for our pastor who doesn't compromise the Word.

Thank you for our home that's dry and cool. Thank you for our 3 pups that greet me with wildly wagging tails and excited barks EVERY time I come home. Thank you for letting me see the hummingbird in Jamaica that flitted from red powderpuff to powderpuff.

Lord, thank you for a healthy body and a sound mind. Thank you for strength for the day's work. Thank you for work.

Father, thank you for speaking to me and thank you that I'm learning to better hear you. You make my heart soft and I long to know you more and more. Thank you, dear Father, for your patience with me, for your mercy, for your grace and for your limitless love. Thank you for precious salvation and Jesus. Thank you beyond measure.

I love you, Lord. I love you.

Suzanne

No comments: