Monday, March 17, 2008

dreams

I love to dream. I've had some bad ones in my lifetime, but mostly they're good, interesting and even fun. My very favorite dream, my best dream ever, was the one when I flew. I LOVE that dream! I had no kind of craft, no wings, just me and a slight breeze. I'd kind of hop up, spread my arms, and take off, effortlessly flying over hills, streams, and fields. It was fun to decide to land and then just glide to a standing position and lightly step out of the air to the ground. I've never felt so free and unencumbered ever, except in that dream. I've read that a person has this dream when she is feeling confident and able to handle her life. I'd love to feel that way again.

Another kind of dream is an awake dream. You know, those aspirations we all have to do something great or be something bigger or better than we are at the moment. As a fourteen year old girl, I used to dream of being an airline stewardess. Then, after I met Byron, my dream was to be married and cook and iron his shirts. What did you dream at 14 or 17 or 25? Chances are your dreams are much different now than they were then.

At 55 I have lots of dreams. Some more important than others and more likely to come true. I dream of a continuing closer walk with the Lord. I also dream of earning my master's degree although I'm not sure in which field yet. It's still a dream that I haven't fleshed out, so I'm asking the Lord if it's His dream for me or only my dream for myself.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you..." declares the Lord...Jeremiah 29:11-14

Go ahead. Dream big. Put them into words. Ask the Lord about them. What an exciting time to stretch and see what He has for us.

I love you all.
Suzanne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have alot of dreams as well Ms. Suzanne.

My #1 dream that I am turning into a reality is to become a better Christian, a better wife, a better mom, a better daughter and a better friend!!

Its a process that is a daily endeavor but I know that it can be done. (Jer. 29:11) God has a great plan for mine and Baileys life and daily I am seeking to find that plan.

I've been quoting the scripture and claiming it every day/night. Daniel 9:9 My God is a merciful and forgiving God even though I have rebelled against about Him. I have made so many mistakes and at times feel unworthy of God's blessings, but I know that God loves me and has forgiven me many times and will continue until that great day!!

Love you!!

Deanne

Suz said...

The Lord is good, isn't He? Those times when we mess up royally and then cry out to Him for forgiveness, He looks upon our hearts, sees our remorse, our repentance. Then, because He is good, He gives us priceless mercy and grace. His plans for us are good and not harmful to us. That's even more reason we trust Him with our dreams. I love you, Deanne.
Suz

Anonymous said...

Hey Deanne, we all mess up from time to time, but God is always there for us. Check out Psalms 34. I try to read this every day, just to remind that God is always there for us. Keep your head up and thanking God for every thing in your life. John 13-7 reads You do not realize now what i am doing, but later you will understand. Love you, God bless.

Angie said...

There's a song that we learned at a youth convention and I always sing it around the house...hopefully Caleb will learn to play it by ear on his guitar...
"I'm gonna dream big dreams, accomplish great things, climb any mountain for God. For I can do anything through Him who gives strength to me. I'm gonna dream big dreams for God."
My imagination is pretty big...and to think that our Heavenly Father's is so much greater then our own!

I'm tagging you...you'll need to check my blog to see what I'm talking about :) Enjoy!