Tuesday, July 28, 2009

wisdom and pain

Dear Father

I'm overwhelmed tonight. There are so many things going on I can hardly think straight. Too many situations in the lives of those I love that I can do nothing about. I cannot fix them. I must turn them over to you but if I do then I won't have any part in fixing the problem. Maybe that's why I feel overwhelmed--because I'm trying to fix something I have no business trying to fix. Yes, Lord. I know there's no way I can fix anything that's going on anyway. That's what you do.

I know you are calling someone to you. Wooing him. Loving him. Drawing him nearer. But at least for right now, he's holding off. Says he's got to meet you on his terms. It won't work that way. Even I know this. Guess he might have to find out the hard way. I can't stand to think about the pain that's in store for him. The pain that he might avoid if he'd seek you out and surrender to you. But I can't tell him anything. He backs off. Shies away. Secludes himself from the very one who will help him if he'd only ask.

It pains me to think about the near future for him. I tried to tell him. Seemed to fall on deaf ears. Lord, help something I said to him fall on good soil and not on rocky places. I ask you to give him recollection of something good, anything good I said to him that may help him surrender fully to the call of your Holy Spirit.

Lord, I am in dire need of wisdom. Too many hurting people. Too many asking me questions or just needing answers. Too many going down a treacherous path straight to danger and heartache. I try to help them avoid it but ultimately it's their choice. I love that you promised to give us wisdom if we'd but ask, so Lord I'm asking.

There's much heartache. Much pain. Many hurts, and only you can soothe them with your love balm. Only you can carry us through heartbreak. Only you care enough to lovingly guide us in the best way. Your way.

Please guide me, Lord. Please carry me. Please speak to my heart, dear Jesus. Direct me. Direct my loved one. I need you so, and so does he. I am so grateful to you for helping me when I was at my lowest. I am so grateful to you for meeting me at the point of my greatest need. I am humbled by your complete and total care for me. I love you with my whole heart.

Suz


No comments: