Saturday, January 26, 2008

what's in my head

I was talking to the Lord and got a chuckle. I could almost see Him laugh a little too. Thinking about this blog and what I have been writing, I mentioned to God that I had a lot of stuff in my head...then as a side note, I said but not all of it is good. Then I thought of some of the things I knew, some little known facts, some oddities I remember and I had to laugh at my understatement. It was then I saw the Lord laugh with me. He KNOWS the stuff that's in my head--and He knows the stuff in yours! He loves our humanity.

What freedom that brings! With Him we don't have to put on airs, be shy, or secretive, or fake. The Lord knows us--from our cram-packed minds to our vulnerabilities and fears.

What are some of the things I know? Let's see. Having taken a botany class a few years ago I know that palm trees are not true trees, but grasses.

Being a trivia buff, I know if you turn an octopus inside out, it will die. I told this to a friend one time and he said, "That makes sense. If I turned you inside out, you'd die, too."

I know that if I'm stranded in the wilderness, I will starve if I eat only rabbit because they are too lean and we need fat to survive--and I know that the best resource for fat in the wilderness are insects. Yep, bugs. Ick.

I know that the three kinds of meat in a meat loaf mix at my local meat market will contain ground veal, pork and beef. The variety gives meat loaf more moistness and depth of flavor.

I know that a really dirty job is collecting slime eels in the bottom of the ocean. Go ahead, ask me. I got a million of them.

But, I have a million good things in my head too. Here are a few of my favorites. I know that in spite of my humanity, or maybe because of it, Jesus loved me enough to die for me. I know that I have the promise of heaven because I am saved by His blood. I know that He promised to never leave me nor forsake me and that He is a very present help in time of need--and I know He's also promised all these things for you.

See, I have good things up there too.

I love you all.
Suzanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is good to know about the Octopus. Should I ever meet one in the deep ocean while I'm searching for eels, I'll be sure to let him know not to let anyone inside-out him... If I had to live off bugs, I think I'd choose to go see my maker instead!

Cristy