Friday, September 30, 2011

our departure

We leave for JFK in a few hours, then to Paris and on to Malabo. It's hard to believe how quickly the time has passed--even though it's not been a terribly long time--just since June. I'm happy to report we should have power when we get there. That's welcome news--and even though it will certainly make things easier for us as a team, it's difficult to imagine how Pastor Carrol and Gayle have tolerated it for 4 weeks now! The generator they have is old and expensive to run so it wasn't used as often or for as long as they needed it to.

I've been doing errands for the last two weeks making sure I have all my necessities and a few wants. Today was a very long day of transporting pups to Amy's house, picking up last minute items, and dinner and dessert with our girls and families. There was also a trip to the doc for me because of a diverticulitis flare up. He added a couple of prescriptions to my list and I'm feeling much better now.

Pastor Gary recently preached about Jesus sleeping in the boat while the storm raged as He and his disciples headed across the lake. Their destination was the other side of the lake and they were going to get there. Jesus said so. But the disciples became terrified on the way because of the storm. They panicked when the way to the other side wasn't what they'd expected. The way hadn't been smooth, painless and perfect. They lost sight of what Jesus told them. They awakened Jesus and He calmed the storm and, ultimately, them.

We've had a few, very few, glitches as we've prepared to go on this trip, but we are heading to Malabo as the short term destination the Lord has set for us. It's not going to be a vacation. We are going to work to complete a goal, but I know it will be enjoyable and satisfying and fun because we are setting out to do what the Lord has asked with people who all have the same focus. How much better can it get?

I'll post as often as I can and bring you along with us on our adventure of a lifetime. Please pray for us all.

Father, thank you for this opportunity and for providing a way to go on this trip. I am humbled and grateful for your hand on this project, for your hand on us. Please bless us and help us to accomplish all that YOU have planned. I love you utterly...

Suz

No comments: