Wednesday, September 21, 2011

check, check, check--Malabo, here we come!

Dogfood, check. Dog gates for Amy's house, check. Blue's meds, check. Instruction letter for the three pups, unchecked. It seems like a simple task taking care of 3 pups--after all, they are dogs, not children, but they do require some instruction about their habits, quirks, behaviors. If for no reason other than it will probably make our month long absence easier for our daughter to take care of them. Probably. I hope so.

Three, old, cantankerous Chihuahuas aren't a walk in the park--even for us! At this very moment, Treasure wants to go to bed so she's staring at me and "harrumphing" every few seconds so I'll go to bed and take her with me. I'm not ready to go to bed. She's just going to have to get over it. I'm not going to be put to bed by a bossy pup!

The pups are only one element that need attention so we can leave in a week and a half. I'm also trying to get our clothes together. You know, just enough, not too many, and just the right type--not too hot, but what if it gets a little chilly? I don't want to over pack--I can't over pack. I get one suitcase of up to 50 lbs and a carry-on and I don't want to be packing the night before we leave this time. I would like to be done with everything a day or two before. I've never done it before. Maybe this will be a first!

I'm going to miss my family like crazy. I've had my kids and their kids close to me their whole lives with the exception of vacations and mission trips, so this bothers me. Communication is a nearly daily occurrence...now. Soon? Not so much. I guess if there's one sacrifice long term missionaries make that touches my heart the most, it's the loss of geographical closeness with their families. Even now, my dear friend's daughter, son-in-law and and two young grandkids are preparing to go to Eastern Europe as long-term missionaries. Even though it's a God ordained assignment and they have worked hard and waited for this day for a very long time, my friend will be away from them for extended periods of time and she will miss them all terribly. I am happy because her children are doing what the Lord has set before them and I am heartbroken for my friend's pain.

There are still many things to think about and so many things left to do. Many boxes to check--to cross off the list. This is a story yet to be lived and written and I can hardly wait!

Father, Thank you for this upcoming adventure! I don't know what the days and weeks will bring but I am trusting you, regardless. I love you utterly.

Suz



No comments: