Sunday, January 25, 2009

day two--Jamaica

It's been a good day at the City of Refuge. We slept well last night and then went to church with the children this morning. We had fun in singing and worship, and then Pastor Steve Puffpaff, who returned home last night from a conference in Belize, and brought us the message. It was a good service and great to see the kids again.

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well. But this morning I just couldn't seem to wake up completely. My eyes were heavy and my body was exhausted, so as soon as church was over, I headed back to our room and went to sleep--without lunch. I know, I know. Suz? No lunch? Yep. That's how tired I was. And then I slept. I'd rouse around and hear what was going on outside my window and then crash again. I slept the rest of the day, all afternoon until time for prayer service at 6 pm...then Byron woke me up. I feel much better now than I did earlier in the day. At first, I felt a little embarrassed about it but it passed.

I have found great emotional rest, and, on this one, physical rest, in our trips around the world for missions. It's a time when we can set aside our responsibilities at home for a moment. It does no good to worry about them because we are too far away to tend to them. We have to let Jesus take care of our lives back in the states--and so we do. We pray, turn them over to the Lord and rest. At least that's what I'm learning to do. It's a learning experience, along with everything else in life.

Tomorrow we start working on the driveway. Lots of work in a little time. Pray for us that the Lord will bless our efforts and give each one strength in body. We love you all and think of you often.

Father, Thank you for your ever loving care for us. We depend upon you mightily. Help us this week, emotionally, spiritually, and physically, we pray. How I love you, Lord.

Suz

No comments: