Thursday, January 29, 2009

day six--the work ends today

I thought I would write a little this morning and finish up tonight. We enjoyed our usual delicious breakfast and had a great devotion. Ernie shared with us about himself and about forgiving those who have hurt us in the past. It was a touching time of sharing and many of us identified with what he had to say.

If there's one thing that is common to us on our trips it's how we all begin to feel free to be transparent with one another. It's a matter of trust and it is built day by day and experience by experience during the week. Our devotional time is a safe place to let people know who we are-- really. These open times are relationship builders that cement (no pun intended) friendships long after we land back on USA soil. It's one of the best parts of going away with a mission team from our church.

The guys and girls are down the mountain pouring concrete right now. I heard the cement truck comin' round the mountain about 20 minutes ago and then heard his horn honk as he drove up to drop the concrete in the prepared driveway. Today's work should complete our job here this trip.

Tomorrow, Lord willing, we will have a fun day with a trip to what Mrs Kim called Gilligan's Island where we plan to snorkel and swim and then it's off to shop and have a nice dinner out. Everyone has worked so very hard it will be a greate respite from the week's labor.

I hope to see my little girls today and give them their presents. I bought them each a new dress, a baby doll with its own blanket and some fun stickers. I think I might have a problem with the dress for Crystal the eldest one. She seems to have shot up a lot taller than I expected and I'm not so sure now that her dress will fit. That's part of the problem with only seeing them once a year. I sure hope it fits.

Right now, I'm headed to do a little room cleanup duty and a little laundry of my own but will add more tonight. I love you and miss you all.

Suz

No comments: