Wednesday, May 6, 2009

crisis and the peace-giver

Ever have one of those weeks when it is crisis after crisis? Not little inconveniences like a minor dishwasher repair under warranty but the big stuff for those you love dearly, like huge financial difficulties, hospitalizations, and a possible surgery for someone near and dear to your heart. It is one of those weeks right now and it feels like a whirlwind of hurt and misery.

The hardest part about it all is that there's not one thing within my own strength that I can do to alleviate any of these problems. I have no magic wand or incense to burn that will change these circumstances. I've been really bummed (for lack of a better term) about them. My heart hurts and my face feels very sad. I feel helpless to help. I am helpless to help--in my own strength.

So, I do the only thing I know to do when life is mean and hard and unfair. I pray. I don't have all the answers but the Lord knows exactly what to do. I don't have resources to supply the need. But the Lord owns the cattle on a thousand hills. I can't give peace to the agitated but the Lord gives peace like a river. I only see what's in front of me but the Lord sees and knows it all from beginning to the end of time. Who better to trust with the hard things? Who better to lean on when thrown around by hardship and hurt?

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

The Lord is our solid rock foundation on whom we can always depend. He is our help in our time of need. He is our prayer-answerer. He is our peace giver.

Father, Thank you for your presence, your care and your peace. Help my friends and family who are struggling today. I love you so very much.

Suz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how you appear to be totally unaware of how comforting your words can be to a friend or family member who is having a difficult time. Your unconditional trust in the Lord and reinforcement of the word of Jesus has time and time again brought the true meaning of what is important in life (and beyond) to each of us. You understand that Jesus knows the pain and difficult times that life can bestow on each of us. And through this knowledge and trust in the Lord, you have repeatedly given comfort through your words and actions. You may think that “there’s not one thing within my own strength that I can do to alleviate any of these problems” but you are wrong my dear friend. Just being there when others need you brings more assistance than you will ever realize. Besides, you are doing what is the best for all, you are praying. I tell you as God is my witness, your prayers work.

Lord, thank you for allowing me to be part of Suzanne’s life. She is a true guardian of Your word.

I love you dearly,
Rose

Suz said...

Thank you, Rose. The Lord never ceases to amaze me with His grace and care. You're my dear friend.

Love,
Suzanne