Wednesday, July 30, 2008

worship on Sunday

During worship on Sunday, I began thanking the Lord, one by one, for my family. I pictured each one individually, thought about their good qualities, and thanked God for them. I took pleasure in each one. Byron's loving faithfulness, Amy's tenderheartedness, Holly's encouraging heart, their husbands, my grandchildren, my aunts, nieces, nephews, etc. Well, you get the picture.

I was "calling the roll" of my family, when the choir began singing, Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord. When they got to the line, "I want to see you, I want to see you," the Lord spoke to my heart and asked me,

"Do you see what I see?

Without waiting for my answer He said, "Open your eyes and see."

I opened my eyes and I believe I saw us as He sees us--as a Father proud of His children. In the same way as I was recounting the blessings of my children, He let me see us--His sons and daughters--and how He takes pleasure in us. I saw His light and beauty in each choir member singing His praises. Eyes closed, smiles, hands raised. Then, in my mind's eye I saw behind me and beside me, His children with upturned faces and raised hands, praising the Lord for His goodness, His beauty and His majesty.

I was aware of our human frailties but each time I thought of our humanity I was checked in my spirit. The Lord said,

"See Me in her. See Me in him."

I saw everything good. I saw worship.

The Lord of all takes pleasure in us, His children. He takes pleasure in our worship. What an awesome thing!

2 Cor 6:18 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

Thank you, Father. Thank you.

Suz

1 comment:

Pastor Gary B Howell said...

what a great blog! it is wonderful to know the Father takes pleasure in us. we do have a lot to be thankful for. keep up the good work, you and Byron are making a difference.