Saturday, July 19, 2008

coming home from our Alaskan adventure

We've had a great trip. Period. No pain. No drama. We saw lots of interesting things like whale's tails, ice bergs, bald eagles and glaciers. Felt lots of cold and rain. Had 18-22 hours of daylight, lots of laughs with dear friends and dessert at least twice a day. Ziplined, atv'd, and gold panned--which I must say, were a total BLAST! Took too many photos of probably all the wrong things--(I've never claimed to be a photographer).

And I missed home. It wasn't too bad until about day 6 and we were getting ready to hit the train for parts north towards Fairbanks, but that day was kinda hard. Missed my kids, grandkids, friends and the pups.

But, we made it. Home. A lovely place with lovely people. And I am grateful to the Lord for it and them. Period.

Will write more and show a few pics shortly.

I missed you guys.

Suz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are back too. We have moved and all settled. Thank God!
I am glad that ya'll had a great time. I would guess that you went with Benny/Joyce, Eddie/Phyllis, etc. I cant wait to see pics
Love you

Suz said...

Thanks, Deanne. I hope you all will be happy in your new home.

Love you,
Suz