Wednesday, April 16, 2008

giving thanks to the Lord

I've been encouraged to share this testimony by someone I highly respect. Here's the story.

Mom had a small life insurance policy when she died that was divided among her children. When we went to Cabo to the Vision Casting for missions last November, the Lord impressed me to pledge my portion plus some income from her estate to Janice and Gary Dickinson's ministry in the Congo. When we returned from our trip, I sent the money to Builder's International and I hadn't heard anything since then until yesterday when I received an email from the missionary, Gary Dickinson.

He wrote this: "In light of this gift, we have begun work on the second floor of the dormitory. It took a couple of days to get all the cement, sand and rebar necessary to begin building, but today at last, the first blocks were laid for the dormitory rooms that will house pastors in training as well as church retreats and General Councils."

My heart overflows with thanks to the Lord for using my mother's money in this way. There is nothing I could have done with these funds on a personal level that would have ever come close to bringing me this indescribable joy that's in my heart right now. The Lord is better to me than anyone. He must be to let me participate in His work like this. To know that my mother has a part in this is amazing. Never in my life would I have imagined such a thing. I'm telling you this because I want to testify of the beauty of the Lord and His bountiful blessings when we obey Him but also when we give to His work. My cup runs over and over.

God is good. All the time.

Suz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for following God's direction and for blessing missionaries! You and Byron are awesome and I know your mom would be thankful!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am sure your gift will bless many. I can not wait until we get to Heaven so God can tell you just how many you have touched with your generous gift. You are very special!

Angie said...

That's such an exciting testimony!