Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer time

Summer and I went to the movies last Friday for the opening day for Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer. Summer has read many, if not all, of the Judy Moody books so she was looking forward to seeing this particular movie a lot.

We got there a little early, which was good, so our first stop was at the snack counter. She chose the kid's pack of candy, sm popcorn, and soda. All the right parts for a fun treat! There were plenty of seats so we got a couple of the best ones for our movie. I think I like those sour gummy watermelon candy things!

The movie was creative and funny, sort of. Because I do not know Judy Moody, I was surprised she was as whiny and ill tempered as she is. I was expecting excitable, fun, creative and very high energy--not grumpy and disrespectful. As long as things go exactly her way, she's very fun but look out if disappointment comes her way. Despite my slight dislike for Judy's character, there were enough cute, fun things that made our afternoon enjoyable.

After the movie we made our picture in a photo booth and we got a little silly but with my granddaughter, silly is great! We went to lunch--yes, even after our movie snacks--at Olive Garden. We didn't hurry and we talked a lot. Summer is growing up so fast. Seems like only yesterday she was a cute, chubby little baby and now she's a smart, lovely, soon to be fifth grade young girl who uses words like "ironic" correctly! I love it!

Nothing miraculous happened. No crisis. No double rainbows with lots and lots of glitter. Just a wonderful afternoon with my favorite blonde granddaughter, Summer. Time together. We've been gone a lot lately and I've missed it. I want more. I've watched a lot of people recently on tv talk about how they want to "get their lives together" so they can spend more time with their family. I got to do it last week with my little grandgirl. I can't wait to spend time with Hannah, too, and to see the rest of my group (Sid gets to come, too!) on Father's Day. It was a satisfying way to spend a summer afternoon.

Thank you, Lord for such a sweet blessing!

Suz

No comments: