Sunday, May 9, 2010

scooping up the underdog

She ran to me and I scooped her up into my arms. I held her and comforted her. She gets picked on by the others--a lot--so, I did more than just the loose, one armed pick-up. I wrapped both my arms around her and held her close to me. I whispered soothing words to her and she settled right down. She knew she was safe. She knew if she needed it, I'd hold her forever. There was peace in the land and in her heart.

Sylvia is the underdog. She's the one the others mistreat. She's a loner with no close friends. She was lost and undone and I rescued her. She was thirsty and I gave her water. She was scared and weary and I gave her a safe resting place.

When all was calm--when SHE was calm--when she was refreshed and renewed, I placed her feet back on the ground and she went about the business of life.

I love when Jesus scoops me into His capable arms and comforts me. I rest in Him and when I need it, He holds me forever.

Thank you, Jesus. I love you.

Suz

2 comments:

Baker Betty said...

shouldn't it be scooping up the underchicken? :)
love your blog. love you...xoxo

Suz said...

Can't keep a secret, Amy? hehe. I love you, too! :)