Monday, September 15, 2008

vapors, flowers and a moment

We sang a song in worship on Sunday that spoke of dancing around the throne of God when we get to heaven. It's a beautiful song and, as we sang, I thought of a girl I know with a physical handicap. My first thought was, "She'd never be able to do it. She can barely stand without her walker, let alone dance freely."

That's when the Lord checked me and then gave me an image I will never forget. I saw an open place--a throneroom. At the right side just out of my vision was the throne. I didn't see Him but I knew he was sitting there. In front of Him was a young woman dressed in a simple knee length white dress who danced for joy before Him. With arms wide, a big smile on her face and eyes closed, she twirled gleefully as her long dark hair swung around her. She was finally free to do what most of us can do any old time.

I was completely absorbed in her worship when I saw it. Just off to her left, pushed to the side, discarded, was the walker she had used for so many years on earth. Tears welled up in my eyes at what I'd been shown. I felt many emotions right then. My heart overflowed with happiness to see her so free and unbound from her earthly bonds, but at the same time I was checked for forgetting that in Heaven we will all be whole.

Sometimes I get tangled up in the daily grind, the details, the places to go and the people to see. I wrestle with plans and heartache and disappointment. I struggle with relationship and aches and pains and grief. I forget and the Lord gently and kindly reminds me that as His children our earthly life with its joys, its complicated days, and tearful nights is but a vapor, a quickly fading flower, only a moment in eternity.

Thank you, Lord for reminding me. I love you.

Suz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your story gave me chills. I can hardly wait for the day all of our loved ones dance and sing before Him along with us. What a wonderful picture!