Monday, March 17, 2008

flying time and moments

Time flies when you're having fun. Actually, the older we get the faster time flies. Period. Fun or not. But there are some good things about flying time, too. The special days come around quicker. No more waiting forever for Christmas. Boom. It's here. Summer? Here and gone, and then it's time for the children to start a new school year again. Even the Bible talks about the shortness of a person's days.

As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him...Psalm 103:15-17

As a kid but I was always looking for the next thing, whatever it was. The next holiday, the next vacation, the next Saturday morning, the next birthday. In fact even now when I'm asked my age, (and some people still ask, believe it or not), if I don't pay attention, I'll say, "I'm almost (insert the next year)." Always looking forward to those birthdays. Whoo-hoo!

The problem with time passing so quickly is that sometimes I rush past some of the good stuff. I'm looking for the next thing on the list--and with the list growing and time flying, well, it's enough to make my head spin. Sometimes I have a hard time enjoying the moment even when I really want to enjoy the moment. I may occasionally caution Byron to slow down with his work or hurrying to get somewhere, but he has it down pat when it comes to relationship. There's always time for a friend with him. He knows how to 'smell the roses' where people are concerned. That's my desire, too. I want to take more time to laugh, talk and build relationships, and I want people to know me, too.

Lord, help me slow down and enjoy the moment and the people you place in those moments. Help me to focus on relationship--with you and with others.

I love you all.
Suzanne

No comments: